Stop.Turn.Walk

Monday, March 16, 2009

Ignoring What They Said

Ripped from Pastor Steve Furtick's blog:

Jesus is in the middle of performing a miracle in Mark 5:36, and some doubters start to voice their cynicism.

To describe Jesus’ reaction, Mark uses a phrase that ministered to me deeply last week:
Ignoring what they said…

Then, of course, Jesus goes on to heal the little girl, in spite of the surrounding doubt, teaching us a valuable lesson:

In order to witness the miraculous, sometimes you’ll have to ignore what they said.

Maybe some people are perpetually misjudging your motives, and nothing you say seems to sway their verdict.
Ignore what they said.

Perhaps someone in your past filled your head with insecurity about who you could never be, and what you could never do. (Several people told me adamantly I’d fail as a church planter.)
Ignore what they said.

Sometimes the voice of doubt is internal-and we struggle to tune out the static of condemnation, faithlessness, and worst case scenarios.
Ignore what they said.

If any voice is raising itself in contradiction to the will and Word of God concerning you, be like Jesus.
Practice selective hearing.
Ignore what they said.

I have believed in so many lies. From now on, I am going to ignore everything that you have told me that wrecked my self-worth and identity in Christ, ignore all criticisms that seek to destroy me instead of building me up, ignore all external voices that contradicts the Word of God.

I wana be a person of only one God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home