Stop.Turn.Walk

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cool Stuff

I cannot make myself love God more by sheer willpower. But I can choose to be with him. I ask him to go through the day with me when I wake up. I learn to see his goodness in creation and beauty. I see him in the people whom I meet. I hear his voice in what I read. I ask his forgiveness for the many times I mess up. I thank him at the end of the day for his presence in it.

I can't make myself love God, but I can come to know him better. And because God is love, the more I come to know him, the more my love for him will grow. Love is a by-product of knowing. So I can spend this day loving God. And tomorrow I can seek to love him a little more. This is a life "rich toward God."

- John Ortberg
When The Game Is Over, It All Goes Back In The Box

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home