Stop.Turn.Walk

Monday, December 21, 2009

Random Thoughts To Keep The Mind Awake

I still can't figure out how to get the title of my blog post to show up on the template! ARGH! anyone knows how to fix it?

Going to work everyday is a real challenge. It's a challenge not to let my joyous spirit be dampened by the negative atmosphere at work, a challenge not to let my brain cells rot while sitting in the office with nothing to do and hence turning to facebook games, and a challenge to constantly remind myself that Jesus is LORD.

Hence, in order to keep my brain working, I decided to post about my learnings in QT today. And according to my mood, I might get the oomph to write about other happenings in my life too.

John 16:21-22 says:

"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy."

It amazes me at how Jesus is able to describe things so aptly using analogies that we have experienced or have seen others experiencing. Don't we all see in the movies how this expectant mother screams and shrieks in pain while giving birth, portraying how immensely horrible that pain must be. And immediately after the baby is out, the mother is overwhelmed by such a feeling of joy and happyness that she forgets the pain.

I've been feeling really stressed lately due to a lot of situations in my life that are happening at the same time, resulting in my feeling so pressed down and helpless. Accumulation of tiny stresses in every part of my life is somewhat a new feeling. I mean, if only one part of your life is on some shaky ground, at least you can take comfort in knowing that there are other parts that are still somewhat standing strong. So you can just focus your energy onto that one part that is not doing so well, or if you want to take a break, you can focus on other parts that are doing well and be momentarily happy.

But I couldnt, cos everywhere I turned, everywhere seemed to be unstable and insecure. So I just swallowed down all the stress and it kept piling up and up and up. Sometimes I think that there might never be an end to this period of my life, and I just get so depressed and downcast. But today, I shall be encouraged. All these are only my light and momentary troubles, and once my perseverance has yielded the fruit that God intends for me, my joy will be so great that I'll forget this down period in my life.

"Trust in God, Trust also in me," says Jesus.

Yes, I trust in my LORD. My life is yours :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home