Stop.Turn.Walk

Friday, December 05, 2008

Uniquely Me

Its 5 more minutes to 6pm, and its the start of a long weekend..Thank God for the Malays, who have contributed to an additional off day for the whole of Singapore. 

Got caught in a sudden mel mood, and I was just thinking about life. 

With so many things happening around me, sometimes its not that easy to find a quiet spot where I can sit down and reflect on my life. Coupled with my innate nature to find all sorts of entertainment to quench my fun-loving soul, its sad to say that sometimes I do neglect my own need to simply, be still. 

Life is all about experiences ain't it? What made up my 22 years of life is a montage of experiences - a mixture of happiness, sadness, anger, guilt, disappointment, joy, excitement, eagerness, nervousness, brokenness, indescribable hurts and mountain top moments of love. Seemingly mutually exclusive fragments of our lives when thrown together, blended with a little sprinkle of love from God, serve up a dish of the most exquisite and unique taste. 

I never did quite agree that we should aim to forget the unhappy portions of our life and move on. Maybe the thought of forgetting some hurtful past brings comfort to some, but to me, the down parts of my history adds a more realistic dimension to my life. Whatever experiences that I have gone through shapes the way that I am and how I will be. 

If we just cling onto the happy portions of our life, how boring life will be then. 

Ok, Mr Lee is currently practicing his basketball skills in office and distracting my thoughts. So I shall log off and go crap with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home