Stop.Turn.Walk

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Days I Will Never Forget

Headed down to Singapore Sports School yesterday evening with Ruiz and Shuz for the Youth camp..Why did I go down, I really dunno. Was having dinner with ruizhen and she asked whether I would be heading down to the youth camp and I thought, why not?

The atmosphere of worship and display of youthful exuberance was a stark contrast against the more seemingly mature environment that I had been exposed to for the past almost two years, and one which I had almost, got used to..

Shirley was preaching when I stepped into that familiar hall, and I took the first chance during break time to go do a little catching up with my guys..There's 20 of them now, something that I remember we were aiming for when I was still leading them..I remember talking to some of them like two days before camp, and they were telling me how they are fasting and praying so hard for 20 sji peeps to be at camp because they only had 17/18 thus far..and when camp came, they had 20 :) God is faithful indeed. Guys, we need to meet up for supper soon. I am going to contact your gang leader soon hahah..

Shirley was talking about her vision for the youth when I was there..About how she sees a godly generation rising up and becoming successful in the future..Godly youths who will bring glory to god in their careers next time..It was a vision that I had heard many times, and I had believed in it, and I had asked God numerous times to bless me so that I can channel all my successes for His name.

And it suddenly struck me - I am the Future. 4 or 5 years back, when I was still in school, I too was one of those youths sitting on the floor, sitting through teachings after teachings, immersing myself into the Word and being inspired by visions drawn out by great leaders..Back then, I really really believed that I would be successful next time, and I hungrily told God that I will bring glory to His name in future..4 or 5 years later, I am now thrust into the working world..and now, it is my time to put whatever I've talked about into action. The future is now for me, and its time to do my part in bringing glory to his name..So dear God, continue blessing me, because I will be successful for you.

Youth camp never fails to inspire :)

On a more random note, I decided to post up some pixies of when me gerald and adel were hanging out at T3. To cut a long story short, we were duped into dressing up for an event and ended up overdressed..So decided to change our destination to hanging out at T3 instead..wasn't in the best of moods that day, and insisted that we took lots of spastic photos to keep stuff off my mind..just a snippet, the rest are in facebook haha..




















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home