Stop.Turn.Walk

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

What I Can Do For You

Finally caught a breather from work to come here and blog something. Loads of things have been happening, a lot of moulding, nurturing and growing, which, well, kinda sucks actually.

That aside, I've come to realise this:

There is no one in this world who can ever know my deepest secrets, hurts, fears and desires more than God and its humbling to come bit by bit to a realisation that I really can't do anything to heal myself.

And so, healing's done in the hands of the Saviour. I give up being angry at things that I have no control over. Besides, I really shouldn't be torturing myself anymore, I need to start loving myself more than this. Because though I've hoped and prayed, you never did care at all.

At the end of the day, I can really say to God and to everyone out there:

I have tried and done my best :)




Anyways I was youtube-ing one day and came across this guy who said something that made me ponder for a while. He said, "People tell me to be real. But that's just utter bull. Real is for Really Mediocre. If you want to do something in your life, you gotta get out there and do it. Be crazy."

And I want to do crazy things in my life!

I want to travel the world and blog about my adventures so that everyone can share the exciting things I've seen.

I want to give all my money to the poor, get out of Singapore and live a Gypsy lifestyle.

I want to go to places like Paris, Milan, San Fran, New York so that I can say I've been there and done that.

I want to go to England, Scotland, Greenland, Iceland and Switzerland so that I can soak in the flabbergastering scenery that portrays the creativity and awesomeness of my God.

I want to go to safari in Africa so that I can see the animals doing their everyday thing and I'm like the one who has invaded their homes. Speaking of that, I want to go to the ocean and spend my entire life out there with the whales and dolphins and sea turtles!





I want, I want, I want! I want so many things. But there are two things that I really really want, and its something that has been burning up deep inside of me. And it seems that God has been leading me to many opportunities and people who can give me valuable insight and information for what I want.





I want to build a strong community of women in the church. Women who know their identity as Princesses of the Everlasting King. Women who know their rights and what they rightfully deserve. A community where women can openly share about their struggles to other women who have gone through similar situations, and where we all help one another to become stronger and stronger and STRONGER women of Christ :D

I want to see women equipped with the knowledge and skill to know that they can handle their emotions, instead of having dangerous mood swings. I want women to know its common to struggle with issues around lust, and you are not alone! Don't hide and bury it thinking that you are weird, it will only fester and be worse than before! I want women to understand how to properly harness and use their nurturing side, and not attach themselves to anyone who calls for it. I want to expose the lies of the devil and tell you how beautiful you really are in the eyes of God. And I want women to know they are beautiful, from the inside out.

And then, I want to see these beautiful, strong and confident women go out to the world and reach other women out there who are struggling to live their lives without God. Bring them back to the one and only Saviour, their one and only Real Lover.

Enough of cutting oneself, endless sex partners and destructive eating behaviours. We are worth more than that.





I also want to help Angie build a fantastic drama ministry in our church. So much and so good such that we equip people with skills and opportunities to develop fully their creative potential. And this ministry must be founded deeply with the notion that this ministry exists to serve only God. And things of God will never lose to things of the world. Wouldn't a strong, self supporting drama ministry be wonderful? We will never run our of scripts or actors. We have people who know how to do lights, how to create props, how to market our dramas etc etc.

And when I go for missions trip to equip other hope churches in future, I want to be able to confidently say that I am going to hold a drama workshop :)

Our God is a creative God! The Gospel does not have to be regurgitated out in the same way everytime! We can use other mediums, other avenues to tell people about Jesus. And drama is a fantastic way to do that, because people in general love watching shows. And since we have the gift, why not use it?




Hahaha I'm dreaming in office right now. And I pray, one day, I will see this dreams become reality.

Break's over. Back to work.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM , Blogger Winnie said...

    hey jinqi, thank you for this post! and as i was reading i remembered this quote from someone"as we're liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others". thanks for being the light and encourager that liberates others.=)

     
  • At 8:36 AM , Anonymous wynnie said...

    I'm on board my friend!

     
  • At 1:52 AM , Blogger prissy said...

    whoa two winnie(s)! hahaha..

    jiayou in your walks with God :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home