Stop.Turn.Walk

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

To Ancient Times and Distant Music

Friends are gifts from God, and I've been a very lucky little gurl. How come God would love me so much, as to shower me with so many gifts in my mere 23 years of life?

It's been almost 4 years and counting, and we are still going strong in meeting up :) (Though some couldnt make it this time) I would say it again - when we are together, the world could end, and I wouldn't even care.

But of course, the world should not end before we all serve our purpose and bring as many people to Christ as possible..maybe that's the key to our frenship, we are always God-centered first, others-centered second, and self-centered third.

When everyone in the group strives to give, everyone will naturally receive.


The group - the identities :)

The Father - The guy who first showed us that unity was key (pun not intended), and set an example by always giving. Basically the guy who threw all of us together and demanded taught us to be united. The one who taught me to walk in the path of God, and the one who endured my nonsense.

The Firm One - Who taught me how to say No to things or people who hinder my walk with God. She who showed me that if the bible says so, I will do it. And now, my fellow confidante and servant in Adults.


The Childhood Friend - Who went through growing up as a biblical man and woman of God together. Who saw the many sides of me, and the one who never failed to encourage and pray for me when he finds out I'm down.


The Committed One - Who stuck with me through my initial rough stages of being a shepherd and leader. Who saw my insecurities and was my unfailing armour bearer turned close friend. She who stuck to God when everyone else left, because she knew God is the only way.


The God Pleaser - Never afraid to confront principalities and people, never tired from constantly casting his vision. Only living to please God and not men. Who showed that one man with a vision and a heart to please God, can create miracles.


The Willing and Obedient One - Who best exemplifies that God blesses the obedient and the willing. A strong woman of God who taught me the importance of obedience, a valuable lesson that has changed my life.


The Radical Dreamist - Who taught me not just to dream, but to dream big. Who showed me what it was like to run after God, and taught me what passion really means. Surprisingly, one who showed me how to be a true friend.


The Accepting and Patient One - Who went through similar experiences like me but seldom complaining as much as I do. Who showed me that what matters most is that we are serving God, where we serve God doesn't matter as much.


The Steady Wise Thinker - He who gives his best in his own quiet way, never vying to be seen or to be heard. The backbone of our group, the quiet and wise mediator of our bickers. Who taught me the importance of being still and listening to God.


Our most recent pic together :) May there be many more to come.

What did sinful, lousy me do to deserve such wonderful gifts? So I say again, Thank You Lord. You have loved me greatly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home