Stop.Turn.Walk

Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Though I've been a Christian for about 6 years, this is the first time I've ever felt that Good Friday is so significant..we used to have a lot of things on for Good Friday..hanging out with my friends, with the JC cg, with my boys, with my cg mates in Adults..but this time, I'm spending it at home with no one else but Jesus..

Imagine imagine, this is the day, where Jesus was flogged, insulted, punched, kicked, mocked, stripped, nailed, crucified and died for all of us..the one day in the whole year, that holds so much significance for those like us who dare to pronounce that we wear the tag of a Christ-follower on our sleeves..if there wasn't Jesus, there might still be us..but if there wasn't Jesus who was perfect who died for our sins, we would still be sinners and probably like, sacrificing animals to atone for our sins..

Thank God its Good Friday.

Thank you Jesus for coming down to earth, go through shiteous temptations and shiteous environments just to save us..us who probably isn't worth very much to be brutally honest..

Thank God for saving me, really.

I've come to realise, but not necessarily accept, the way I was made..my character, my personality and my pitfalls..and one of my serious weaknesses is my emotions..and God has been really really good to me as he patiently teaches me how to deal with this whole messed up package of emotions that he has blessed me with..knowing how useless I am in handling myself even though I know what I ought to do, I'm so grateful and thankful to God for giving me wonderful wonderful friends and people who have helped to keep me sane..

Like today. I met up with bao bao to go for jas' play..we arrived quite early so we just hung around, and I was grumbling about certain things and certain people who have been plaguing my life and messing up my emotions pretty badly..and bao bao said somethings that corrected my focus and perspective which helped me get back on the right track with God..and I was on the train with Shirley after the play, and though our conversation was really short, but I was really encouraged though we didn't manage to talk about any deep stuff..

Small little conversations through the week constantly remind me of how much God loves me..that He will send people who actually care to make sure that my emotions are in check, and that I don't stray off the right path..and because of this gracious act of love from my amazing Father, I also strive to be such a person who will add value and encourage other people through bringing them back to the Word of God..

Sometimes we place far too much emphasis on ourselves rather than God..I don't doubt that we all really do love God..ask anyone in church and I do believe to a certain degree they will tell you that yes, they love God..but, do we love ourselves more than we love God? I think that should be the question that we need to answer..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home