Stop.Turn.Walk

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We Die Everyday

Harry's MSN nick caught my eye a few months back - we die everyday.

I had a general idea of what it was but I wanted to know what Harry meant, so I went to ask him about. It turns out that he just casually thought of this as he saw the seconds and minutes ticked by..day by day, minute by minute, second by second, time goes by and we never get it back..so in a way, we are dying everyday (did i get that right? haha)

But those three words stirred something in my soul and opened up my mind and made me ponder harder..sometimes i feel, that the greatest gift that god has given us, yet one of the most irritating gifts, is free will..the choice to choose what we want to do..the good path, the bad path, the neutral path, we all have a choice to which path we want to embark on..

I wana choose to die everyday..to die to myself..die to all my rights that im entitled to because of my species, my race, my skin colour, my birth country and my life - to die to the right to be angry, the right to feel maligned, the right to dispense forgiveness as and when I please, the right to be loved, the right to be cared for, the right to expect, the right to indulge in my wants, the right to speak, the right to hurt, the right to slack, the right to let my thoughts and emotions go astray - all the rights that im borned with.

God, you have humbled me and shown me your glory, you've taught me and lovingly disciplined me..Help me to die to myself everyday, and just let me live for you. Every thought, which leads to every emotion, which leads to every action, help me to consciously choose according to what you want me to.

And I will praise the Lord forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home