Stop.Turn.Walk

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sweet, yet Bitter, Week

I just thought of a name to put to the week, its called the Sweet, yet, Bitter, Week.

First up, I had the CNY hols which for the first time in the past couple of years, I stayed the whole of the first day at my uncle's house and didn't go out with my friends..Was kinda bored but oh well, I really have nothing much to complain about hanging around my noisy family..It's the first CNY that I kinda spoke to my god-grandmother face to face..Guess growing older gives you more guts to face your relatives..Somehow, I was always rather hesitant to speak to my own family members..Maybe its the "children are supposed to be seen but never heard" mentality that my parents drilled into me since I was a kid..I got used to just sitting there but never talking much..Its amazing how things from ur childhood will shape the way you think and act in future..

Second day of CNY was spent with cg, or rather, who could make it from cg..Had breakfast at westmall with noisy family again before heading over to adel's house..Watched kite runner, which wasn't as nice nor as tear-inducing as I had expected it to be, and played the malaysian version of Monopoly, which btw, is TOTALLY screwed up..The allocation of resources, the money you paid to get out of jail, and the pricing of the lands made no sense at all and we attributed all these nitty-gritty to them being, well, being malaysians haha..

Gosh, I absolutely love public holidays..You have no idea the significance of a public holiday till you go out and work! The first thing I did when I received the 2009 calendar was so scour the entire year and figure out when the holidays were..Its like the little sabbath after so many agonising weeks in the office..So God, thank you for these two public holidays which made the last week of January 2009 that much shorter :)

Up next..The absolutely sweetest thing about the week would fall on Thursday, which is tomorrow! Because, I will be meeting the sji guys after work for a time of dinner and catching up! How I miss them so :D Can't wait can't wait!!! Man, those boys have really grown up! I rmb some of them being shorter, or not that much taller than me, but when I saw them during corporate prayer meet, man, they have really shot up!! I am the shortest among them now!!! Sad..

Another sweet thing about the week would be my meeting up with Cheong Wynnie on friday! It's kinda bittersweet because on one hand, I'm really looking forward to it, yet on the other, I'm not too because my dear friend will be flying back to brissy that day..I kinda regret that so many stupid things happened during the time you are back that we didn't have much time to catch up..so in a way, I am really looking forward to friday to share life before you zoom off and the next time I will see you again is in May..Sighs..Somehow, I've started to miss you already..

So, thats kinda sums up my sweet, yet bitter, weak because of all the things that have happened or are going to happen..The final touch would have to be my meeting up with Tamar on friday for dinner and a time for just the two of us..

The week's been going well preety far..Even right now, Mr Lee and me are the only two people in office and its been a preety slack day..Great time of crapping, talking kok, irritating our frenly adalini kuah and just, enjoying this day that the Lord has made..

Ok, time to slog for 1 more hour and its time to knock off!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home