Stop.Turn.Walk

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Living Masterpiece

As I walked from the station to my house yesterday night, many thoughts and feelings were running through my mind..there's always something special about the night, some magic dust that god spinkled to open up conversations and widen our hearts for intimacy..

I looked up to the sky and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was clear night with a few stars dotting the black landscape..as I walked along the path to my house, I felt the strong winds around me and heard the rustle of the leaves as the winds caress each leaf while passing through them..

It must be God then, for when I took notice of what song was playing on my ipod..I realised that I was hearing to "Always" by Hillsongs..and somehow that day, the lyrics seemed to come alive in conjunction with my emotions and thoughts..

Did you rise the sun for me?
Paint a million stars that I might know Your majesty.
Was your voice upon the wind?
Is everything I know marked with my maker's fingerprints?

Breathe on me, let me see Your face
Forever I will seek You

Cos all You are, is all I want, always
Draw me close, in Your arms,
Oh God, I wana be with You
I wana be with You

Can I feel You in the rain?
Abandon all I am just to have You capture me again
Let the Earth resound with praise,
Can You hear as all creation lives to glorify one name?


Jesus, Breathe on me, let me see Your face
Forever I will seek You

Cos all You are, is all I want, always
Draw me close, in Your arms,
Oh God, I wana be with You
I wana be with You

I walked into my compound while humming that song..asking God to move me into a deeper level of intimacy with Him, that I might know His likes, His dislikes, His loves, His hobbies and everything of Him..and for reasons I didnt know why, I glanced up at the sky again.

And there right in front of me, was an explosion of sparkling dots that was invisible just minutes ago..Unable to take in the awesomeness in just one glance, I stopped in my tracks, in front of the playground and simply gazed at the splendor of it all..

Did you paint a million stars that I might know Your majesty?

Masterpieces are usually just objects..paintings, music, pottery, sculpture etc..but my heavenly artist is the only one who creates living masterpieces.

Where else can you find a canopy of white shimmering dots that come together against a black canvas to form various constellations, shapes, and lines to form a piece of art?

Where else can you find an arrangement of chiping crickes, belting bullfrogs, rustling leaves, the rare moments of silence and the sound of a human foot against the hard concrete to form a beautiful symphony that no one else can replicate?

In that moment, I realise how precious I was in my Beloved's eyes..that He will call forth the stars from their their heavenly dens to unveil their most glorious form, JUST for me :)

Day by day, I am beginning to understand You a little bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home