Stop.Turn.Walk

Friday, November 14, 2008

Ripped

A New Leaf
by Kathleen Wheeler

He came to my desk with a quivering lip,
the lesson was done.
"Have you a new sheet for me, dear teacher?
I've spoiled this one."
I took his sheet, all soiled and blotted 
and gave him a new one all unspoiled.
And into his tired heart i cried,
"Do better now, my child."

I went to the throne with a trembling heart,
the day was done.
"Have you a new day for me, dear Master?
I've spoiled this one."
He took my day, all soiled and blotted
and gave me a new one all unspoiled.
And into my tired heart he cried,
"Do better now, my child."

Isn't today just somehow, so wonderful? How precious it is, to know that I have one more day alive in this world.

One more day to kiss my baby sister. One more day to work, one more day to talk cock with my friends on MSN. One more day to listen to Jamie Cullen and Jason Mraz, one more day to blog. One more day to sing, one more day to write. One more day to eat, and one more day to breathe.

Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it :)

Jesus said:

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. 

Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

The world spins round and round, and life goes on whether I am alive or dead. When it finally comes down to the last minute, will I look at all my hands have done, and ask myself just why did I do all these things for? 

Is not life more important than my job, my hair, my appearance and my worries? 

I think VPJ just gotta learn not to worry so much, and just to trust that her Father's at the wheel, taking care of her life. 

Thank you Lord :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home