Stop.Turn.Walk

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sullen and angry

reading the bible is like having a bird's eye view of history..when I
read how God gave Ahab victory over Ben-Haded, king of Aram, not once
but twice, I just get the overall picture.

I wonder how Ahab must have felt.

Probably ungrateful and complacent, because he did a detestable thing
by making a treaty with his enemy.

I guess it would probably have been a smart political decision, even
in our time..like how Singapore loves making friends with everyone
else because we are small and somehow need them. But I guess obedience
to God is more important than making strategic political decisions.

it's reflects our pride, thinking that we know better than God.

the funniest thing was, when a prophet rebuked him, he went away
sullen and angry.

I laughed while readin the passage..budden I started to think whether
I was like that too.

Did I become sullen and angry when God rebuked me? Hell yeah.

But at least I repented and still followed in the end, though maybe
grudgingly.

Thank God he doesn't kill me each time I turn sullen and angry haha.

And after awhile, it gets easier to obey, and harder to rebel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home