Stop.Turn.Walk

Saturday, October 09, 2010

When wisdom comes with age

I used to really disliked it, loathed it even, when older people
looked at me and said, "You'll understand when you grow older."

I hated that statement.

But now I look upon some younger ones, those bursting with life,
idealism and passion, and I understand what they mean.

I understand the older people didn't look down upon me as a small
child, but they looked upon me as someone who can do better than them,
but need a little reality check in life. I understand they view
themselves as a guide for mi, telling mi their precious life
experiences and mistakes so I can learn from them.

After so many years in the Adults Ministry, I've come to see how
childish I was. Yes, childish, not childlike, as I thought I was.

And now, I pray that I'll always always rmb to be humble, to not
interrupt when the elders are speaking, to not feel insulted by their
criticisims, because I know they only want the best for me.

It's true, you get wiser when you are older.


*Sent from my iPhone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home