Stop.Turn.Walk

Monday, May 11, 2009

A whirlpool of nothingness

It amuses me how we allow our dreams to grow smaller as we grow older. How we conform to what is the seemingly normal and turn up our noses against the younger generation, thinking to ourselves "yeah yeah dream all you want. wait till reality catches a hold on you. dreams are just that, dreams."

How I long to break out of this cycle which disguises itself so well that almost all of humankind have been deceived by it.

Went to nursery - Dreamt of being a fireman
Went to college - Dreamt of changing the world
Went out to work - Dreamt of having the dream job
Met someone and fell in love - Maybe this person is part of my dream
Married that someone and have kids - My dream can wait
Growing old and the kids have left - What was that dream I had in my youth?
On my dying bed - Oh yes I remember, I wanted to change the world.

Will I die if I stepped out of that cycle? I wana live, and not just survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home