Stop.Turn.Walk

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pointless Nostalgia

I really like the phrase pointless nostalgia..it just brings across the point so aptly..like, sometimes we tend to tink about the good old times and reminisce of what could have been, but what for? it's rather pointless really, because things have happened and there's no way we can ever go back and redo whatever we wanted to..and even if somehow we manage to do something about our situation, there's really no going back to what it originally was..

Ok, there's no double meaning behind whatever I just said..just a random thought that came into my mind as I was listening to Jamie Cullen cos one of his album's name is Pointless Nostalgia haha..

Well, I'm back from Bintan! It was whatever you can and might expect from a beach resort..the villa's really big and nice..fun to have a chill out with your friends over there..but seriously, please buy and bring your own food from singapore to bintan..the stuff over there is freaking expensive!! like one can, not even bottle mind you, one can of coke costs 6 Singapore Dollars!! 6!! what a rip off! they are taking serious advantage of the effects of the blazing sun on my heat senstive body by charging me that amount..and I was so desperate for a can of coke that I bought it..sighs..

Had my own time out during Saturday when I just went off by myself to tan by the poolside before heading down to the beach to hear the sound of the waves..I did not get a tan!! How upsetting!! I was really looking forward to the sun cos I wanted a tan, but I didn't get any :( How come the rest got tanned?!

So anyway back to the point, the beach was amazing, did I mention that? I am seriously a beach lover..actually to be more precise, I love to see the horizon, where the sky meets the sea and then you can see nothing else..I love to hear the sound of the waves as they hit the shore or the side of the boat..It doesnt have to be the beach specifically, it can be on a boat..just give me the horizon, the breeze, the waves, the taste of salt in the wind and all those elements added together somehow just brings me closer to God :)

And so I was sitting on the beach chair..staring off at the horizon and listening to the sound of the waves beating up against the short..and I just felt calm..and the presence of God was so tangible, like He was sitting right beside me on the other beach chair and sharing my silence as we marvel at the horizon together..And right there at the beach, I praised God for his awesome works, and for Jesus, and for the Holy Spirit, and for certain people in my life, and for everything that he has blessed me with..a little hard and personal to blog what God and me spoke about that day, so I will just leave this part hanging, and tell only those who are close to me :)

Without God in my life, I sure as hell dunno how I will be living. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home