Stop.Turn.Walk

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Random Stuff

It's preety surprising how we tend to miss out certain small little traits in the bible that can teach us so much about the way of life, and to mould our characters to becoming more like that of Jesus. Was just reading Nehemiah this morning and as usual, I glanced over these few lines, cos to my naked and spiritually-not-so-clear eyes, there seemed to be of no significance or learning points..

Nehemiah 3:8-9
Uzziel son of Harhaiah, one of the goldsmiths, repaired the next section; and Hananiah, one of the perfume-makers, made repairs next to that. They restored erusalem as far as the Broad Wall. Rephaiah son of Hur, ruler of a half-district of Jerusalem, repaired the next section.

Thanks to the Connect Journal (see, you guys should really get one), something that looked ordinary turned out to be something quite extraordinary..Lets just focus on one person cos time is short before I have to go to work..Hananiah, the perfume-maker..notice anything about him now?

Yes, Hananiah is a PERFUME MAKER..but what was he doing? He was repairing the Jerusalem Wall! I mean, mixing mortar, laying bricks or carrying sand was probably not his forte, and probably hurt his sensitive nose too as he had to have a sensitive nose to make perfume..but he was willing to build the war..to lay aside his differences from his fellow countrymen and come together for a common goal..he worked alongside a goldsmith and a ruler of a half-district..all three men differ so much in their occupations and their skills! Imagine a ruler working right beside you! They were bonded by just one common vision - to rebuild the Jerusalem Wall, because that represented them, and their trust in God..Just for God, they laid aside their petty quarrels, their diverse education and family background, and all their differences to bond together under manual labour, sweat, maybe even a few wounds here and there, and most definitely, they shared joy :) They realised that if you stripped away everything, their jobs their titles their postings etc..at the bottomline, they are all just men working for the glory of God.

I think we should all learn from them..Come on, these guys probably had no clue how to build a wall..but they were willing! And God blessed them tremendously..through all the threats and stuff, they managed to rebuild the wall in 52 days..52 days!! That's just slightly over 2 months..amazing huh?

This really brings across one point:
God looks at the character and the willingness of a man, and not so much at his skills

Apart from this, Michael held a Combined Team Rally yesterday and talked about the direction for AG1, which I thought was preety cool..here it goes..

P - Pioneering
P - Passion
P - Purity

I think God's gonna do some amazing work in our district, and I pray that our cg will experience some amazing stuff too! As Michael said, lets all die together :)

Since this is kinda like a random post with thoughts just bouncing off my mind, lemme touch on something else..

You know, I've always thought that I was gonna die early..cos when I was young, my mom looked at the lines on my right hand and pointed out the 'life line' and said that mine was preety short compared to other ppl..that kinda freaked out a little and i sincerely thought i was gonna very early..this thought was stuck in my mind but its grip on me eventually wore out after i came to accept Jesus and didnt tink so much about death anymore..but just on sunday, i glanced upon my right hand again and noticed the 'life line', and i remembered what my mom said..so i went around comparing it, and yeah, mine's preety short :S

I dunno whether I'm going to die early..but it really reminded me of how precious and short life is..and how i've focused so much on the minute things, the small little problems and the mistakes i've made at this point, and all these made me so caught up in my own present little world..but compare these against the reality of death, and it just seems that all these things dun matter anymore..i've been waking up feeling insecure the past few days, but now, insecurity seems like a rather small thing i've to deal with..there are so many things to do, so many of my close friends that still dunno God, so many lives around to relate with..why am i focusing so much on my problems?

I guess, noticing death brings us back to reality.

This reminds me that I was talking to Sue Lin, my team leader about the youths of today, and how they seem to be wrecking their lives with pre-marital sex, orgies and drunkenness..somehow, i feel that these youths have forgotten a very impt thing..they forget that they will die one day..or maybe they do realise that they will die one day, so they try to seek excitement and enjoyment, and just give in to their tendencies..but as so many people have shown, when we are on the dying bed, so many ppl regret how they spent their lives..its sad huh?

The older ones try to warn the younger ones about their mistakes..the younger ones dun believe because they are at the prime of their lives and they keep insisting they will not regret their actions..so one day, the younger grows up and suddenly realises he's the older one now..and he finally understands what the previous older ones were trying to tell him..and so he goes on to tell the current younger ones..and so the cycle continues..

haiz, human beings never learn do we? satan's having a preety easy time confusing the human race..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home