Stop.Turn.Walk

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The danger of Laziness

While reading of when Jesus told the people of the parable and said in Matthew 25:26:

His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servent!'

Ever wondered how come the words wicked and lazy are in the same sentence, side by side even? Usually you put two words side by side if they are somewhat related, or in a sense, one word might be able to bring out the essence of the other word even more. 

Like, "you have long, luxious hair!" or "oh gosh, he is just so drop dead gorgeous!". Not being an actual scholar, I am unsure whether my two examples are able to be put in the same line as the one quoted in Matthew 25:26, but in my own simplistic mind, it sounds the same, and hence, I shall use this example. 

So going back to the main point, why 'Wicked' and 'Lazy' side by side? 

Wicked to me is like, terming my Vanness various names which I can vouch he is definitely NOT, those psychotic abusers who cut heads of animals and lay the heads down in one straight line, those weird minded fathers who sleep with their daughters and force them to be their wives, and for using my precious god's name as a vulgarity and brings pain to my ears. 

I never thought that being lazy, is wicked. 

However, having been seeped in laziness much more since I transferred to Adults, and Im sure those who have practiced the art of laziness can agree with me, being lazy robs you of the energy or desire to do things! 

Like for one second you must be thinking, Man i gotta go exercise! i feel like a piece of lard and i haven exercised for so long! Then you tink of, wah gotta change, wah gotta wear socks and shoes to run, wah experience the feeling of death while exercising, and in the next second, you go like..hmmm maybe i ll wait 5 more mins. 

and the 5 mins drags you to the next day. 

crap. ive spent more time waiting for the next 5 mins then actually using that 5 mins to do something. 

i gotta buck up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home