Stop.Turn.Walk

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Humanity, depleted.

It's 7.30am on the fourth day of 2012, and I managed to somewhat pull
myself out of slumber to get to work early.

I think ive passed almost a couple of hundreds of people on the
streets. amusingly enough, majority of them wore the same expression.
teary squinted eyes, a little sniffling of the nose, lips hanging
loose as though the muscles there have not awaken yet.

and I wonder what makes them go on, day after day, week after week,
year after year. Commitments? Family? Brands? Pride? Status?

And the image of a kid's face crosses my mind. Innocent, full of life,
a little mischief no doubt. But alive. Will this little one grow up to
be the blank and lifeless walking mannequins that passed by me today?

I think back on what he said and i smile. I recall something He
whispered, and I beam.

Without Love, humanity seems...depleted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home