Stop.Turn.Walk

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

champions! twice

pardon my excitement, but I am still whirling from the fact that my team won the premier league AND added the champions league trophy to their collection just last week..

the moscow game was THE most nerve wrecking, heart pumping, sweat inducing game i have ever watched..after prying my eyes open to see that 51 minute had already passed, i started lamenting at how stupid i was to miss ronaldo's glorious header in the 26th minute..the only tot that came to my mind, "that will shut his critics up!"

2nd half wasnt any better! tho they were no goals, but my boys looked like they were confused and being totally dominated by chelsea..however, it was only till later when i found the perfect word to describe man u - Opportunists.

why waste energy when all you gotta do, is wait for your enemy to make a mistake and get that goal?

it was such a letdown that we made it till penalty shootouts..this is probably the worst method to decide a winner..and when ronaldo missed that 3rd shot, i swore, my heart stopped for maybe 3 secs..i kept praying for van dar sar to save ashley cole's shot, but it didnt happened..i prayed for hargreaves to score, and he did..and when i saw terry walked up with great cockiness to the penalty area, i had this moment of despair "We are going to lose!"..but i couldnt! i couldnt watch them lose!!

suddenly, i saw the hope that prayer can bring..all i could do, while sitting on my bed and clutching torchie really hard, was to pray..and pray i did..i guess God heard almost 10 000 of the exact same prayer at that very moment "let terry miss! let van dar sar save it! please please!!"

the moment of truth, terry looked, he ran, and he SLIPPED!

OH MY GOD!

the sense of relief was imminent! i felt my lungs take in fresh cool air, my heart starting pumping again..my fingers and toes got warmer, and i could feel my stomach finally releasing its acid to digest my dinner..i wanted to scream with joy..at that point, i knew it, we are going to win..

and win we did!!

lesson to learn from man u: even at the dying point, never lose faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home